I am an Assistant Professor at the IT University of Copenhagen, Denmark. I have received the M.Sc. and Ph. D. degrees in industrial engineering from the University of A Coruña, Spain, in 2006 and 2011, respectively.
My interests include modular and self-reconfigurable robotics, evolutionary robotics, mobile robotics, and electronic and mechanical design.
Andres Faina Rodriguez-Vila
- Andrés Faíña, Lars Toft Jacobsen and Sebastian Risi, “Automating the Incremental Evolution of Controllers for Physical Robots”, In Artificial Life, Volume 23, Issue 2, p.142-168, 2017. (pdf)
Andrés Faiña, Farzad Nejatimoharrami, Kasper Stoy, Pavlina Theodosiou, Benjamin Taylor and Ioannis Ieropoulos, “EvoBot: An Open-Source, Modular Liquid Handling Robot for Nurturing Microbial Fuel Cells”, In proceedings of the Artificial Life Conference (ALIFE), pp. 626-633, 2016. (pdf)
- A. Faiña, F. Bellas, F. Orjales, D. Souto, R.J. Duro, “An evolution friendly modular architecture to produce feasible robots”, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Volume 63, Part 2, January 2015, Pages 195-205, ISSN 0921-8890, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.robot.2014.07.014. (pdf).
- A Faíña, F Bellas, F López-Peña, RJ Duro, “EDHMoR: Evolutionary designer of heterogeneous modular robots”, Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence 26 (10), pp. 2408-2423, 2013. (pdf)
- A. Faíña, D. Souto, F. Orjales, F. Bellas and R.J. Duro, “Towards feasible virtual creatures by using modular robots”, Workshop on Modular and Swarm Systems in IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Robots and Intelligent Systems, Chicago 2014. (pdf)
- A Faina, D Souto, A Deibe, F Lopez-Pea, RJ Duro, X Fernández, “Development of a climbing robot for grit blasting operations in shipyards”, International Conference on Robotics and Automation, 2009.
- D Souto, A Faina, F Lopez-Pena, RJ Duro, “Lappa: A new type of robot for underwater non-magnetic and complex hull cleaning” IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2013 , pp. 3409-3414.
- F Bellas, RJ Duro, A Faiña, D Souto, “Multilevel darwinist brain (mdb): Artificial evolution in a cognitive architecture for real robots”, IEEE Transactions on Autonomous Mental Development, 2 (4), pp. 340-354.
email: anfv (at) itu (dot) dk
telephone: +45 7218 5258