I am an assistant professor at the department of Digital Design of the IT University of Copenhagen, Denmark. Before that, I was a senior researcher at Artanim Foundation, a Swiss research center specialized in motion capture technologies. I received a PhD degree from the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland, in 2017, where I was a research assistant at the Immersive Interaction Group and the Laboratory of Cognitive Neuroscience, and a MSc degree in Computer Science from the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, in 2012.
- Grandi, J. G., Debarba, H. G., & Maciel, A. (2019, March). Characterizing Asymmetric Collaborative Interactions in Virtual and Augmented Realities. In 2019 IEEE Conference on Virtual Reality and 3D User Interfaces (VR) (pp. 127-135). IEEE. (pdf)
- Debarba, H. G., Boulic, R., Salomon, R., Blanke, O., & Herbelin, B. (2018). Self-attribution of distorted reaching movements in immersive virtual reality. Computers & Graphics, 76, 142-152. (pdf)
- Bovet, S., Debarba, H. G., Herbelin, B., Molla, E., & Boulic, R. (2018). The critical role of self-contact for embodiment in virtual reality. IEEE transactions on visualization and computer graphics, 24(4), 1428-1436. (pdf)
- Debarba, H. G., Bovet, S., Salomon, R., Blanke, O., Herbelin, B., & Boulic, R. (2017). Characterizing first and third person viewpoints and their alternation for embodied interaction in virtual reality. PloS one, 12(12), e0190109. (pdf)
- Grandi, J. G., Debarba, H. G., Nedel, L., & Maciel, A. (2017, May). Design and evaluation of a handheld-based 3D user interface for collaborative object manipulation. In Proceedings of the 2017 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (pp. 5881-5891). ACM. (pdf)
- Debarba, H., Nedel, L., & Maciel, A. (2012, March). Lop-cursor: Fast and precise interaction with tiled displays using one hand and levels of precision. In 2012 IEEE Symposium on 3D User Interfaces (3DUI) (pp. 125-132). IEEE. (pdf)
email: hend (at) itu (dot) dk